How It Works
The process to earn your CPTC™ certification is outlined below. Each step must be completed in order. All fees are nonrefundable.
1. Review the eligibility requirements and determine if you are eligible for the CPTC™ credential.
4. STCCC will process your application. If you are eligible, we will assign you a candidate ID number and a login to our submission website.
5. Prepare your submission packet. Follow the candidate instructions to prepare the packet within one year from receipt of your candidate ID.
6. Upload the sections of your submission packet to the submission website. When you are finished, submit it.
7. STCCC assesses your submission packet.
8. STCCC will notify you of the results within 60 days of receipt of your completed packet.
*Please note: STCCC encourages online payment of all fees. If you are sending a check make it out to STCCC (not STC).
Maintaining Your Certification
Once granted, your certification is valid for three years. To maintain it, continue your professional development by attending classes and participating in professional activities. There is a modest yearly maintenance fee, but no fee for recertification.
Follow these simple steps to start your CPTC™ certification journey. Remember, STC members receive a discount on all fees.